Peppermint Chocolate Covered Marshmallows
Does anyone else do this?
Please tell me it’s not just me!
Every year we buy
12, 24, 48 candy canes to hang on our Christmas tree. However, what the heck should we do with them when Christmas is over?
I love peppermint as much as the next guy, but I’m not one to just sit there and munch a candy cane.
These Peppermint and Chocolate Covered Marshmallows are great for using up mini and large candy canes (or both!).
No special equipment is needed for this recipe. I crushed my candy canes using a rolling pin and a plastic baggie.
Easy Peppermint Chocolate Covered Marshmallows
These peppermint and chocolate covered marshmallows taste amazing in hot chocolate or a nice cup of coffee. They’d also be super cute for holiday hot chocolate bars or buffets.
Peppermint and Chocolate Covered Marshmallows
- 24 Mini Candy Canes
- 12 Large Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Chocolate Candy Wafers
- 12 Large Candy Canes For Serving, If Desired
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Unwrap 24 small candy canes. Crush 12 of them using a plastic baggie and a rolling pin. (A food processor would also work great if you have it!).
- Insert 12 other candy canes into the top of each marshmallow.
- Freeze for ~15 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt candy wafers for 30-45 seconds or until smooth.
- Dip each marshmallow into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Place back onto prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
- Stick a large candy cane in the center of each marshmallow for serving if desired.
Craving more Peppermint Treats?
Peppermint Desserts From Blogs I Heart
Oreo Peppermint Bark Fudge via Crazy For Crust
Peeps Chocolate Peppermint Cake via Life Love Sugar
Peppermint Brownie Trifle via Inside Bru Crew Life
What do you think of these Peppermint Chocolate Covered Marshmallows? What’s your favorite holiday hot beverage?