Classic Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
One cookie my family makes every Christmas is Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies. Its no wonder they were originally a Pilsbury Bakeoff Winner. The peanut butter cookie topped with a hershey kiss literally melts in your mouth fresh out of the oven. Nothing is better than classic Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies on your Christmas cookie tray.
You could even use pre-made peanut butter dough for your Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies if you are running short on time. We did that one year, and they still tasted great.
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies Courtesy of Hershey’s
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Additional granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix shortening and peanut butter together.
- (Baking Beauty Tip: Spray your peanut butter measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray. This makes it slide out, and ensures you don't miss any peanut butter goodness!
- Add ⅓ cup granulated sugar and ⅓ cup of brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla;mix. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned (mine took exactly 8 minutes). Immediately press a chocolate into center of each.
What do you think of this Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies? What is one Christmas cookie your family makes every year?