Mountain Dew was invented in the 1940s by Barney and Ally Hartman. At this time, soda was sold locally instead of nationwide. They had trouble finding a good mixer for their whiskey, so they began to produce it themselves. In fact, the name Mountain Dew was originally slang for whiskey or moonshine!
Rights were passed onto Pepsi Co in the early 1960s.
The bright yellow-green soda was initially made with orange juice and still features a citrus flavor.
Its color and flavor make it a winning ingredient in a wide variety of cocktails. From margaritas to cider, these mountain dew cocktails are a must-try.
- Flavor: Fruity melon, bright citus, and of course soda.
- Why This Recipe is a Must Try: It uses high quality liquor for the smoothest drink with the best possible flavors.
- Perfect For: Happy Hour
- Flavor: Perfect balanced sweet and sweet flavors with a hint of melon.
- Why This Recipe is a Must Try: It isn’t overly sweet like some fruit based margaritas can be.
- Perfect For: Birthdays and Father’s Day
- Flavor: Tart pineapple and sour apple schnapps combine with a flavor that will tickle your tastebuds.
- Why This Recipe is a Must Try: You can more or less vodka and soda to customize to your tastes.
- Perfect For: Halloween Parties
- Flavor: Bright lemon combines with tropical flavors.
- Why This Recipe is a Must Try: It’s bright green color is sure to catch anyone’s eye.
- Perfect For:21st Birthdays
- Flavor: The primary flavor here is not suprisingly cherry. UV Cherry is made with real cherries for the best flavor.
- Why This Recipe is a Must Try: Super easy, this refreshing cocktail is ready in no time.
- Perfect For:Bookclub or holidays like Christmas or Valentine’s Day
- Flavor: Crisp and refreshing, apple is the main flavor in this drink.
- Why This Recipe is a Must Try: Customizable: Use your favorite local cider or try it with a hard cider.
- Perfect For: Fall
- Flavor: This icy drink combines tart pineaple, bright orange, and sweet melon.
- Why This Recipe is a Must Try: This tastes like an adult slushie.
- Perfect For: Hot summer days after doing yard work
- Flavor: Tart lemon, smooth whiskey, and fresh mint make a uniquely delicious drink.
- Why This Recipe is a Must Try: This refreshing drink seems sophisticated thanks for fruity whiskey and fresh herbs.
- Perfect For: Sipping on the front porch
- Flavor: Pineapple is complemented with hints of orange.
- Why This Recipe is a Must Try: The orange in the triple sec and the mountain dew combine beautifully.
- Perfect For: A bonfire party
- Flavor: Sweet peach combines with the sweet citrusy soda.
- Why This Recipe is a Must Try: Super easy to make with no special equipment.
- Perfect For: BBQs and picnics
Must Try Mountain Dew Cocktails
- Pick your favorite recipe.
- Lay out your glasses, and all required ingredients.
- Follow the instructions and enjoy responsibly.
Which one of these is your favorite?