Mudslide Drink: A thick and creamy cocktail with rich chocolate and coffee flavors. This boozy adult milkshake is a must try for chocolate lovers!
What is a Mudslide you ask? Think: rich, chocolately, and of course plenty of booze! The flavor is fantastic ,and it doesn’t have an overwhelming alcohol taste. It almost reminds me of a boozy Starbucks Frappe! Half dessert, have cocktail 100% delicious!!
Ever wondered how to make a mudslide at home? It really couldn’t be easier. Perfect for sipping with friends in the summer!
Bonus: So much cheaper than the $8 version at you local bar or steakhouse.
What’s In a Mudslide Drink
Our frozen mudslides are made with:
- Chocolate Vodka
- Irish Cream: I always reach for Baileys, but homemade would be lovely too.
- Kahlua: A coffee flavored liqueur. The Kahlua gives this mudslide drink recipe its deep coffee flavor.
- Creme De Cacao: A chocolate flavored liqueur.
- Chocolate Ice Cream: Oh yeah! We’re making a boozy milkshake! 😀
- Combine all ingredients in the blender. Blend until well combined.
- Garnish with chocolate syrup, sprinkles, and chocolate syrup if desired.
Can You Make it Non-Alcoholic?
If you want to try a mudslide drink but don’t want the alcohol, you can make a nonalcoholic version. Instead of using liqueur consider coffee hazelnut syrups for an above average chocolate milkshake. It won’t taste exactly the same, but will have a similar flavor profile.
- Classic: Skip the ice cream and shake remaining ingredients in cocktail shaker. Serve over ice.
- Mix Up the Vodka: Consider: Whipped Cream, vanilla, espresso ,or even marshmallow. A fruity flavor like strawberry would also be a yummy twist for a chocolate covered strawberry type drink.
- Float: Instead of blending scoop ice cream into drink.
Use the Leftover Irish Cream Here:
- 1 1/2 Ounces Chocolate Vodka
- 1 1/2 Ounces Irish Cream
- 1 1/2 Ounces Kahlua
- 1 Ounce Creme de Cacao
- 1 Half Gallon Chocolate Ice Cream
For Garnish, If Desired
- Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend well.
- Garnish with chocolate syrup, sprinkles, whipped cream, and chocolate chips if desired.
Recipe adapted via the:Chunky Chef
What do you think of this Mudslide Drink? What is your favorite frozen cocktail?