Healthy Morning Glory Muffins: Clean out your pantry with these healthy morning glory muffins topped with a decadent cinnamon streusel. Tastes like carrot cake for breakfast!
These healthy Morning Glory Muffins are also called Kitchen Sink muffins in our house! They include everything but the kitchen sink and are a great way to use up leftover baking ingredients.
These healthy morning glory muffins make a great breakfast on the go, and also go great with your mid morning coffee. And don’t even get me started on the cinnamon sugar streusel. Is there anything better?
Plus the carrots and whole wheat flour makes them totally healthy-ish right?! 😉
More Breakfast Favorites
Morning Glory Muffins
For The Morning Glory Muffins
- ½ Cup Raisins
- 2 Cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ginger Ground
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Carrots Grated
- 1 Apple Peeled, Cored, and Grated
- ½ Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- ½ cup Finely Chopped Walnuts
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- ⅔ Cup Canola Oil
- ¼ Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
For the Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- ½ Cup Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 ¾ Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, spices, and salt. Stir in carrots, raisins, apple, coconut, and walnuts.
- Stir in eggs, oil, orange juice, and vanilla extract.
- <b> For the Cinnamon Streusel </b>
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon,and butter. Cut butter in with 2 forks until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Fill muffin tin ~¾ of the way through. Evenly divide streusel over each muffin, ~1 tablespoon each.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire wrack to cool completely.
Healthy Morning Glory Muffins
What do you think of these Healthy Morning Glory Muffins? What is your favorite grab and go breakfast?