Mint Blossoms Recipe
My all time favorite Christmas cookie is the Peanut Butter Blossom. It’s not that I wouldn’t love to eat it all year round, it just feels more like a holiday cookie.
That’s what I was so excited to find this bright twist on the original. It features a sugar cookie base with a meltaway mint in the center.
They can be a little trick to find. I get mine in the bulk candy section of our supermarket where they have things like caramels, peppermints, and gummy rings.
- 1 cups white sugar
- ¾ cup Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 48 mint meltaway candies
- Extra white sugar to roll the cookies in(around ¼ cup)
- Pre-Heat oven to 375°F. Mix sugar, egg, and vanilla together.
- Gradually add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are very light golden brown. Remove from oven, and immediately press 1 mint candy in center of each cookie.
You may also enjoy these recipes!