Minion Cupcakes(Last Updated On: August 2, 2020)
Minion Cupcakes: Soft vanilla cupcakes decorated to look like your favorite Minions. Perfect for Birthday parties!
Do you know someone who loves the Minions? If you said yes, you are going to want to make these adorable Minion Cupcakes right away. No one will ever guess how easy they are! They are perfect for a Minion or Despicable Me birthday party!
Minion Cupcake Ingredients
- Yellow Cake Mix: You can also make homemade vanilla cupcakes if you’d prefer.
- Powdered Sugar
- Whole Milk: You could also use heavy cream here.
- Blue Gel Food Coloring: Use gel if possible for the most vibrant color.
- Oreo Cookies
- Yellow Candy Melts: If you can’t find yellow you can use white with yellow food coloring.
- Coconut Oil: This helps the chocolate melt smoothly without drying out.
- White Fondant:Fondant is a type of icing. The fondant icing is used mostly on cakes and cupcakes. It has a different texture than most icing and it is used for decorating and sculpting. There are two types of fondant icing but for decorating cupcakes like these, you want rolled fondant. You can also use homemade fondant.
- Black Decorating Icing
Minion Cupcakes Recipe
Bake cupcakes according to package directions.
Make Icing: Combine butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add milk as needed.
Fondant: Roll fondant out to be about 1/4 of an inch thick. Cut out circles using the end of an icing tip. Add black icing.
Melt Chocolate: Melt candy melts and coconut oil.
Decorate: Dip oreos into candy melts. Top each oreo with one or 2 minion eyes.
Use black icing to add goggles or hair. You can add one or two eyes depending on which Minion you want to make.
Can You Freeze Cupcakes With Fondant?
Yes, you can freeze cupcakes with fondant on them. Once the cupcakes are cooled and decorated, wrap the cupcakes in plastic wrap. Using several layers of plastic wrap will keep your cupcakes fresh. Some people also choose to wrap the cupcakes in an additional layer of aluminum foil. The cupcakes can be frozen for up to two months.
When you are ready to eat the cupcakes, take the cupcakes out of the freezer and let them thaw on the counter until they come to room temperature. When you are ready to remove the plastic wrap. Be sure to not let any condensation drop onto the cupcakes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Make The Cupcakes Ahead?
Making cupcakes ahead of time is an easy way to save time and reduce stress. These cupcakes are easy to make ahead. Cover well and store in an airtight container.
Can You Eat Fondant?
Not only can you eat fondant, but I think it tastes delicious Think of it as a sugary icing that is cooked and rolled into strips. Its main benefit is that it can be sculpted and molded into whatever shape you like. Some people compare the taste of fondant to marshmallows ,but with a firmer texture.
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl beat butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add milk as needed until you reach your desired consistency.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- Using powdered sugar and wax paper, roll fondant out to be about 1/4 of an inch thick. Cut out circles using the end of an icing tip. Place a dot in the center for the pupils using black icing.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt candy melts and coconut oil until smooth.
- Dip oreos into candy melts. Top each oreo with one or 2 eyes. Place on wax paper until set.
- Use black icing to add goggles or hair to the Minions. Place a cookie on top of each cupcake.
What do you think of these Minion Cupcakes?