Microwave Mug Brownie: A moist and fudgy chocolate brownie loaded with rich chocolate chunks. Made in your microwave and ready in less than 5 minutes. This microwave mug brownie is perfect for that gotta have it NOW chocolate craving!
Watching Food Network or scrolling through Pinterest at 11 P.M. is always when my worst food cravings hit! CHOCOLATEEEEE they’re selling CHOCOLATEEEEEEE (+5 if you get the Spongebob reference).
1. By that time of night I’m a sleepy sloth incapable of reading and following a complex recipe
2. It’s unlikely I’ll have all the ingredients on hand.
When you’re craving a chocolate brownie and you have to have it right NOW, this microwave mug brownie is perfect! All the ingredients are common pantry staples. It doesn’t taste like it just came out of the microwave either. The egg yolk makes it so moist and fudgy!
And of course I included tons of chocolate chunks!!
Craving something extra decadent? Top your microwave mug brownie with ice cream and chocolate sauce!
Microwave Mug Brownie
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar Packed
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 4 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Chocolate Chunks
- Pinch of Salt To Taste
- Melt butter for 20-30 seconds in a microwave safe mug.
- Stir in white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add in egg yolk.
- Stir in flour and cocoa powder. Mix under just combined, do not overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Cook for 45-60 seconds. Don't overcook, it will firm up as it cools!
Microwave Mug Brownie Adapted via Number 2 Pencil
Microwave Goodies from Blogs I Heart:
What do you think of this Microwave Mug Brownie Recipe?