Miami Vice Drink
Miami Vice Drink: Juicy strawberries, and tangy pineapple come together in this easy cocktail. Why choose one when you can have both!
This Miami Vice Cocktail is a great drink to make for BBQs, and entertaining events. It looks impressive, and tastes like a topical paradise.
The bright red and white layers also make this drink tastes as good as it looks! Don’t let its swirled appearance fool you though, it is really easy to make! Even if you’ve never seen a simple episode of the tv show this Miami Vice drink is a must try. I hope you’ll try it!
How To Make the Miami Vice Drink
- For the Pina Colada Layer: Blend rum, cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and ice. Pour into glass, and place into freezer. Rinse out blender.
- For the Strawberry Layer: Blend strawberries, lime juice, rum, and ice. Pour into glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple slice. Drink responsibly!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Kind of Rum Should I Use?
I prefer to use a white rum when I make this Miami Vice drink recipe. You can use any type of rum, but white rum is mild so it won’t take away from the strong flavors of this fruity drink. Avoid something like spiced rum that may over power the flavors.
- What is Cream of Coconut? To make coconut milk you combine coconut and water. The cream that comes to the top of the chilled coconut milk is the cream. It is then mixed with sugar. It is often used in drinks and ice cream because it has a creamy texture. You can use store bought or homemade cream of coconut in this recipe.
- Can I Make It Non Alcoholic? You sure can! Just leave out the rum in each layer. This is a great choice for those avoiding alcohol as it still has all the fruity flavors you love.
- Semi Homemade: Use pina colada mix and strawberry daiquiri mix instead of making the layers from scratch.
- Flavored Rum: Instead of white rum use flavored rum like coconut, pineapple, or even banana would be yummy.
- Mix Up The Liquor: Not a rum fan? Tequila can be substituted.
- Patriotic: Add a blue layer by dying half the pina colada layer blue. This makes a cocktail perfect for the 4th of July or other patriotic holidays.
More Fruity Cocktails
Miami Vice Cocktail
What Do You Think Of This Miami Vice Drink?