Meatloaf Pizza aka Meatza: Flavor meatloaf “crust” with all your favorite toppings. Your 2 favorite foods, in one great bite!
So everyone’s all like…
Check out my gluten free, vegan cauliflower pizza crust. And I’m over her like oh hey I just made a crust out of MEAT! If you think this is a great idea, welcome to my blog. Let’s be friends!
This pizza is guaranteed to turn meatloaf haters into meatloaf lovers! Feel free to use your favorite toppings. Plus because it is not as thick as a traditional meatloaf it cooks up in just 30 minutes! Perfect for weeknight dinners!
It would also be a sure winner for the upcoming March madness or football games next year. (please come back football I miss you!!)
More Fun Pizza Ideas
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- ½ Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- ⅔ Cup Pizza Sauce Divided(I like Pappy Fred's by Del Grosso)
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- ¼ Cup Fresh Mushrooms Thinly Sliced
- 10-15 Slices Pepperoni
- ¼ Cup Green Bell Pepper Sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8 inch pan with non sticky cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, egg, and ⅓ cup of pizza sauce. Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Spread with remaining pizza sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, pepperoni, and green bell pepper.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes ,or until the cheese is melted and internal temperature is 160 degrees F.
Adapted via Kraft Magazine
- Making a mini version of these meatloaves would also be awesome! Place into a mini muffin pan, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reaches 160 degrees.
- If you like your pizza spicy add ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
Pizza Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Sloppy Joe Pickle Pizza via Shugary Sweets
Spinach Artichoke Pizza via Recipe Runner
Deep Dish Pizza via Sally’s Baking Addiction
What do you think of this Meatza recipe?
This is an amazing idea, so creative, beautiful !!! The only question I have is why on Earth didn’t I think of that 🙂 🙂 Thank you so much. My son will love it the moment I suggest it for lunch on Saturday !
Karen @ The Food Charlatan says
Oh my gosh I just read this out loud to my family. Meatza! This looks WAY better than a vegan cauliflower pizza crust. YEAH. Hahaha! You crack me up! I totally am trying this.
Aww thanks so much Karen! <3 HUGS Hope you try it.
Christina Chambers says
YUM!!! I may have to try this, esp the mini version so everyone can choose their own toppings! (Btw, the ingredients list says “1 lb left ground beef;” I’m guessing that’s supposed to be “lean,” right?)
Krystle Smith says
Eeek good catch, I updated the post thank you Christina! 🙂
Anne Kepner says
Wow! That’s great! I like to eat pizza but I’m on a diet.
Vicky Cristina says
Or do what I did yesterday. Two burgers, with bacon and cheese or whatever else you want in the middle. Protein heaven!
Kristi Cathey says
My favorite pizza food is Buffalo Chicken Pizza. These pizzas look delicious!
Eva Swain says
Really tasty! Reading this post while working is such a challenge for me. Haha
I love pizza. My kids love pizza. I’ll persuade my wife to try your recipe. She is so good at cooking.
Thank you so much for this creative idea ! Perfect for a week night dinner !
The ingredients are easy to buy, the instructions are clear, it is not so difficult to make. Such a wonderful recipe! Thanks!
Kristi Cathey says
My kids will surely love it. They are big fan of pizza. And I don’t have to worry much about the budget. Thank you for this amazing recipe.
Harry@Good health says
This is such an amazing and creative idea for a pizza party in various style. It’s good-timing, we’re having a birthday party on Sunday. Thank you!