Disclaimer: Compensation was provided for this Lasagna Cupcakes recipe through the Mom It Forward Blogger Network. However. all opinions are my own.
Lasagna is an Italian comfort food that I absolutely love. However, it’s not really practical to make on a weeknight. By the time you boil the pasta, make homemade sauce, and bake it it’d be almost time for bed!
To make weeknight meals go a little quicker I like to alter recipes so they cook faster. In addition, I rely heavily on my “Cantry” (pantry filled with canned goods). Canned tomato sauce has wonderful flavor, and doesn’t require slaving over a hot stove for hours.
Here are the ingredients I picked up at our local Giant Eagle
- 1 Can Del Monte Tomato Sauce 26.5 oz
For the Cheese filling
- 10 oz. tub Philadelphia Italian Herb & Cheese Cooking Cream
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ pound mozzarella cheese grated & divided
- ⅓ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 21 lasagne pasta sheets
- Divide Mozarella cheese in half. Then mix ½ of the mozarella and all the other filling ingredients together.
- Cook your pasta as directed on the packaging (minus a minute or 2). Lay on wax paper until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray or use parchment paper. Make the pasta sheet into a circular shape and put it around the muffin tin hole.Spoon about ½ tablespoon of sauce into the bottom of each cup.
- Cut 9 pasta sheets into quarters and press one of these pieces of pasta into the bottom of your original noodle and,on top of the sauce.
- Top pasta sheet with a tablespoon of sauce and then a tablespoon of cheese filling.
- Repeat this pasta-sauce-cheese layering one more time.
- Top t off with a 3rd piece of pasta, more sauce and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Add a bit of sauce on the very top around the scalloped edges, so they don't get overdone.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Looking for more details on cooking with canned foods to speed up your busy weeknight routine?
Be sure to follow Cans Get You Cooking on facebook, Pinterest, and Youtube!