Kir Royale(Last Updated On: April 19, 2019)
Kir Royale: This cocktail is the perfect combination of sweet, tart, and bubbly. Lipsmacking good, and only 2 ingredients!
Have you ever had a Kir Royale cocktail? It is sweet, tart, and my favorite bubbly! With only 2 ingredients it is simple enough for a fancy dinner, yet easy enough for entertaining. It is also a great alternative to mimosas for brunch!
Related: Strawberry Mimosa Recipe
What Is In a Kir Royale
- Champagne (Or sparkling wine): I prefer champagne here, but any sparkling wine will do. I prefer a dryer wine as it balances out the black current liqueur nicely. If you don’t like champagne Prosecco would also work great.
- Creme De Cassis: Crème de cassis is a sweet, red liqueur made from blackcurrants. It is often served as an after-dinner drink, as is, or as part of a cocktail It also give the drink its gorgeous color.
Leftover Creme De Cassis? I also love using them in El Diablos.
Kir Royale Recipe
- Pour Creme De Cassis into glass.
- Add champagne and garnish with fruit if desired.
- Make it non alcoholic by using sparkling grape juice. It won’t taste exactly the same, but cranberry juice or raspberry syrup can be substituted.
- Kir: Not a fan of bubbly? Use a dry white wine instead.
- Raspberry Liqueur: Not a fan of creme de cassis? Use Chambord or another fruity liquor instead.
- 1/4 Ounce Creme De Cassis
- 2 1/4 Ounce Champagne
- Pour Creme De Cassis into a glass.
- Top off with champagne.
Try making this Kir Royal for friends and family. It has become one of my favorites!