Instant Pot Beef Stew:Tender beef and hearty vegetables in the most flavorful broth! Old fashioned comfort food made weeknight friendly.
Craving more comfort food?
Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
Beef Stew Ingredients
For this easy beef stew recipe you’ll need
- Beef Stew Meat
- Italian Seasoning
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Green Beans: Non-traditional but one of our favorites.
- Baby Carrots
- Potatoes: I like using White russet potatoes here.
- Beef Broth: Use low sodium so you can season to taste.
- Tomato Sauce
- Corn Starch: Don’t skip this it helps thicken the stew!
Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
Frequently Asked Questions
What to Serve with Beef Stew
Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 1 ½ Pounds Beef Stew Meat
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 16 Ounce Bag Baby Carrots
- 1 Cup Green Beans
- 2 Potatoes Cubed
- 2 ½ Cups Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 10 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Salt/Pepper To Taste
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot. Turn on the saute function. Once hot, brown meat on all sites. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Pour in beef broth. Scrape brown bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, carrots, potatoes, green beans ,and tomato sauce.
- Secure lid, and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 35 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Then, do a quick release.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Stir into stew
Recipe adapted via The Salty Marshmallow