How to Stay Cool This Summer(Last Updated On: February 26, 2019)
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Pure Leaf. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
Ever since I was young, I have zero tolerance for the heat. I just can’t stand it being hot, and uncomfortable!
Here are my top ways to stay cool this summer.
1. Eat something frozen like ice cream or a popsicle.
2. Stay low. If you have an attic, you don’t need me to tell you that heat rises. Staying on the lower level of your house, or even in the basement can often be a cooler option.
3. Sip a cold beverage. Lately I’ve been reaching for Pure Leaf’s Not Too Sweet Teas. They are all natural and made with no preservatives. It comes in peach(my fave!) and honey green varieties.
Peach:Has just the right amount of fruity sweetness without tasting like a fast food drink.
Honey: Light, and sweet with a unique honey flavor.
Lemon: Has a natural flavor that tastes fresh squeezed.
Sweet Tea: Perfect sweet afternoon pick me up!
Unsweetened: Tastes freshly brewed and has 0 calories.
Best of all the Not Too Sweet varieties have only have 45 calories per 8 ounce serving. So you can have your tea, and eat cake too!
4. Take a dip! Splashing around at the local pool, or even just a wading pool in your back yard makes summer so much more bearable.
5. Chill out! Doing chores, or exercising will slightly raise your body temperature. Try do do these things in the morning. In the evening I just like to relax with a good book or a Tv Show.
When it comes to TV you know I love the food network. Which is why I’m excited to announce Pure Leaf has partnered with Chopped to bring you unique food and beverage pairings.
1. Pair Not Too Sweet Teas with light food like salads or shrimp to complement their delicate flavors.
2. Pair tea with unique garnishes like cherries, kiwi, and blood orange.
My favorite is Pomegranate Mar-Tea-Ni
- 2 ounce Pure Leaf Lemon Iced Tea
- 2 Ounces Pomegranate Juice
1. In a shaker filled with ice mix ingredients. Shake well, and strain into a martini glass.
2.Moisten rim with lemon, then dip in colored sugar. Serve with a lemon wedge if desired.
How do you like to beat the heat?