Thin Mint Recipe(Last Updated On: March 18, 2019)
Thin Mint Recipe: Crunchy chocolate mint cookies that taste just like your favorite Thin Mint Girl Scout cookie. Enjoy them all year long with my homemade thin mints recipe.
I have a confession to make.
I’m a hoarder. And I’m not just talking about books (although I do have 234242 of them). Limited edition products produce a firestorm of GOTTA HAVE IT with me.
Since Girl Scout thin mint cookies are only available once per year, it’s really more of GOTTA HAVE 10 boxes NOW before they’re gone. However, sometimes even that many doesn’t last all year.
Whether you can’t wait for your thin mints to arrive or are just craving thin mints “off season”, this thin mints recipe is for you.
Thin Mint Recipe
Thin Mint Recipe
For the Cookies
For the Coating
- 10 Oz. Semisweet Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in milk, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Stir in cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir in flour a little at a time, mixing until just combined.
- Shake dough into 2 logs that are ~ 1/ 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice dough in ~1/4 inch thick rounds with sharp knife. Bake for 14-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a small microwave safe bowl melt chocolate and butter for 30-60 seconds. Stir until smooth. Dip each cookie in chocolate, and let set on wax paper for ~1 hour.
What do you think of these homemade thin mints?
You May Also Enjoy:
What do you think of these thin mints? What’s your favorite Girl Scout Cookie?