Creamy (no churn!) vanilla ice cream loaded with 2 different kinds of cookies. A cookie lover’s dream come true!
Serve with cookie monster cupcakes for the perfect Sesame Street party.
I don’t want to sound like an old fogey, but Sesame Street these days is just ridiculous.
Apparently Cookie Monster eats vegetables and says that cookies are a “sometimes” food?!?! WHAT?!
Pfffttt. If you’re like me and believe cookies are one of the main food groups, then this ice cream is for you!
It’s loaded with 2 different kinds of cookies and I mean loaded! No 1-2 cookie pieces per bowl on this blog uh-uh!
Cookie Monster Ice Cream Tips:
- Use store bought chocolate chip cookies in your cookie monster ice cream. I adore store bought sweets as much as the next guy (okay probably even more, looking at you store bought cupcakes!). However, packaged chocolate chip cookies are not my favorite. However, they work really well here because their crunchy texture stands up to the ice cream.You may be able to substitute a very crunchy homemade one instead.
If you’re looking for a recipe I’m afraid I can’t help you because I’m a soft and chewy girl through and through!
No Churn Ice Creams I Love
Homemade Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 14 Ounce Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- ½-1 Teaspoon Blue Food Coloring
- 20 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies I used Oreos, Roughly Chopped
- 15 Chocolate Chip Cookies I used Chips Ahoy, Roughly Chopped
- Whip heavy cream, vanilla, and food coloring together until stiff peaks form. If you're like me and don't have a mixer all you need is a VERY cold bowl/whisk and some upper arm strength!
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk until well blended. Add additional food coloring to reach your desired shade of blue.
- Fold in chopped cookies sprinkling extra on top if desired.
- Freeze for ~6 hours.
Ice Cream Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Ice Cream: Via Crazy For Crust
Raspberry Banana Ice Cream: Via Grandbaby Cakes
Cake Batter Fudge Brownie Ice Cream Cake: Via Life, Love, Sugar
I just made this with my son and he loved it because it was blue haha.. however, I’m wondering if the recipe was really supposed to say 2 TABLEspoons of vanilla extract? The end flavor was extremely overpowering with vanilla. I think next time we make it we’ll use only 2 teaspoons 🙂
Krystle Smith says
Hi Jen! Yay glad he liked it.Thanks for your feedback. We love vanilla, but feel free to adjust to your own tastes! 🙂
recommend this recipe 100%
This looks really good! But since I have gone dairy free for health reasons, I’m trying to figure out how I would modify this. Would you happen to have any suggestions on hot to make this dairy-free?
Krystle Smith says
I’m sorry I have no experience with Dairy Free ice cream. (I will say though Ben and Jerry’s PB and Cookies non dairy ice cream is amazing if you’re looking for something store bought with oreos).
So much fun!
Alyssa Mosher says
My kids would LOVE this! I might have to explain to them who the cookie monster is though! Haha, wow I feel old.
Megan @ MegUnprocessed says
This is creative! Love the colors!
Cheryl - Pook's Pantry says
The kiddos must go crazy for this ice cream! It’s the exact shade of “cookie monster” blue!
Walking on Sunshine Recipes says
Thanks for joining Delicious Dishes Recipe Party! Hope to see you back again TODAY! The party is now open and waiting for you! This recipe was one of our favorites! Come on over and see your feature!
Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood says
This just made my life! When I was pregnant with my first we lived near an ice cream shop that made this, and it was my faaaavvorite. I miss it!
<3 thanks so much Morgan! Hope you can recreate what you are craving!
I adore this awesome cookie monster ice cream. The best part of eating a cookie is the chunky crunch of the cookie along with the chocolate chip simply melting in your mouth. And ice cream along with it makes it paradise. Gosh! I can’t wait to gorge on these delicious goodies. Surely my taste buds are going in for a ride.
How much cookie monster ice cream does the recipe make?
It makes around 5-6 cups of ice cream (i.e. frozen form). Hope this helps! 🙂
Cookies are not just sometimes food because it is always a food. I also love chocolate cookies and I love that you decided to used store bought cookies to give out a crunchy texture for this ice cream. And by the way, I love the color!
-high 5- on the always comment Maureen! Thank you!
Arman @ thebigmansworld says
Krystle my birthday is less than a month away….just saying
Arman noted! What kind of cake to go along with?
Arman @ thebigmansworld says
I love cake so much, it can be a brick cake for all I care 😉
Hmmmm, I was guilty of giving my grand babies a bite of our last night’s homemade oreo cookie ice cream before school this morning! What does cookie monster know?? Looks like a dessert the little ones will love!
Yum!! Breakfast of champions! 🙂