Holiday Baking With Truvia
This post brought to you by Truvia® Natural Sweetener. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love Christmas baking!
While I do enjoy eating some of my treats, I also like to share with friends and family. Both of my Grandparents are diabetics. I like to bake them things that won’t mess up their sugar levels. But I still have to enjoy the taste as well.
I’ve found Truvia; Baking Blend to be a great compromise especially in classic treats like Sugar Cookies.
It is a blend of sugar and natural sweeteners, that provides a sugar-like taste and texture. Best of all it has 75% fewer calories than pure sugar.
Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp skim milk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and Truvia Baking Blend until smooth. Beat in eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add the flour to the creamed mixture.
- Place dough on a lightly floured work surface. Divide dough in half; pat each into a circle and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill cookie dough for 30 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Preheat oven to 350deg; F. Roll chilled dough to s to ⅛ inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut with a cookie cutter and place cookies 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on pan, and then place cookies on wire rack to cool completely.
Visit the Truvia(R) website for more tips and information on Truvia(R) Baking Blend