Nothing you say?
Wrong! The correct answer is a boozy chocolate cupcake!
These chocolate Guinness Cupcakes are SO soft and moist thanks to sour cream and 2 eggs.
Then I added Bailey’s Buttercream to my Guinness Cupcakes. Leftover Bailey’s goes great in this boozy hot cocoa! If St. Patrick’s Day isn’t the perfect excuse for this decadent little creation I don’t know what is!
Indulge with me!
More Cupcakes To Try
For the Guinness Cupcakes
For the Bailey’s Buttercream
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ¼-1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Caramel Sauce For Garnish if Desired
For the Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Add Guinness and simmer. Whisk in cocoa. Cool slightly.
- Pour into a large bowl. Stir in sugar, eggs, baking soda, vanilla, salt and sour cream.
- Then stir in flour a little at a time until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill cupcake liners ~⅔ of the way full. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
For the Bailey's Buttercream
- Cream butter. Gradually add powdered sugar a little at a time. Alternate with Bailey's until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pipe or spread cupcakes with buttercream. Drizzle with caramel sauce if desired.
Adapted via Baked Bree
Guinness Cupcakes Shopping Tips:
- Don’t have sour cream? Feel free to use plain greek yogurt instead.
- I used caramel ice cream topping for drizzling on top of my cupcakes.
Craving more cupcakes?
Guinness Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread by Love Bakes Good Cakes
Guinness Chocolate Brownies by Life Love Sugar
Guinness Pot Roast by Cooking with Curls
What do you think of these Guinness Cupcakes? What is your favorite St. Patrick’s Day drink or dessert?