Grilled Corn Quesadillas Recipe(Last Updated On: March 7, 2019)
One of the things I love the most about Mexican food is how easy it is to make dishes vegetarian. Whether it is a fine dining restaurant or just good old taco bell, there’s nearly always a flavorful meat free version.
However, beans and cheese can get kind of boring. My latest combination combines tender charred corn, sharp cheddar, a fresh tart citrus.
Grilled Corn Quesadillas RecipePin Recipe
- 4 Ears of sweet corn
- 8 ounces of Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup queso fresco cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of one small lime
- Several dashes of hot sauce optional
- Grill corn on an outdoor grill or directly over a gas stove burner. You can also char it in a non stick skillet. Just brush with olive oil and turn frequently. Set aside to cool.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and green onions together until combined.
- Add cheeses and spices. Then add the lime juice.
- Add as much hot sauce as you like, or leave out to make the dish more kid friendly.
- Cut corn off cob and add that last.
- Preheat non stick skillet. Spread both sides of 2 flour tortillas with butter. Add filling in the middle and cook 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown.
1. Use whatever cheese you have in the fridge. Regular cheddar, Monterrey jack, or even pepper jack would be great here.
2.Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer.
What are your favorite quesadillas fillings?