Gingerbread Cupcakes: Melt in your mouth cupcakes made with ginger and spice, topped with a to die for brown sugar cream cheese frosting. If you like gingerbread cookies, you’ll love these gingerbread cupcakes.
5 Reasons Post-Christmas SUCKS:
- No more presents- DUH!
- Cold weather: I love cold weather, but it can get depressing after awhile.
- Undecorating is 773% (scientific fact) less fun than decorating. Any elves want to come take down my tree?
- No more holidays
(where gorging on chocolate is acceptable)until Feb. 14
- The cookies eventually run out: NOOOOO -fetal position-
Just because Christmas is over, doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy warm winter flavors. These Gingerbread Cupcakes are also perfect for the post Christmas blues!
More Gingerbread Treats
For the Gingerbread Cupcakes
For the Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
For the Cupcakes
- Heat oven to 375 F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, water, molasses, and eggs.
- Stir in baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and allspice. Gradually add flour a little at a time until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners ~⅔ of the way full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to sit in pan for 3-4 minutes. Move to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting
- Beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla, and brown sugar. Mix until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto gingerbread cupcakes. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes or until frosting is set.
- Garnish with a gingerbread cookie, if desired.
Craving more cupcakes?
Gingerbread Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Gingerbread Cookie Dough Truffles via Crazy For Crust
Gingerbread Cheesecake Cookie Cups via Life Love Sugar
Gingerbread Pancakes with Eggnog Syrup via Grandbaby Cakes
What do you think of these Gingerbread Cupcakes?