Eczema Skin Care Tips + CLn Skincare Video Review
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for CLn Skin Care. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
If you read my website you know I love trying new beauty and skincare products. However, what you may not know is that I suffer from a common skin condition called eczema. Sometimes my eczema can cause these products do more harm than good.
I’ve had eczema since middle school. My main symptoms are itching, cracked skin, and a clear discharge. At first, I thought it was just dry skin. However, normal lotions made the issue even worse. Eventually, I was diagnosed with eczema.
It is most bothersome to me in the summer months. I have a very low heat tolerance, so our air conditioner is always cranked up full blast. This dries the air out and makes my condition even worse. In addition, summer shorts weather is when my ankles and knees (main problem areas) are on display.
Here are my best eczema skin care tips to get you through the summer.
1. Avoid hot water: Hot showers are the most relaxing thing for my muscles and my mind. However, it wrecks havoc on my skin. Replace hot showers with luke warm ones to avoid drying out the skin.
2. Use a humidifier: I originally starting using a cool mist humidifier to help with my sinus problems. I sleep with it on at night. It works wonders on dry skin as well.
3. Use a moisturizing body wash: My favorite is the CLn Think Clean Body wash. It gently moisturizes without harsh chemicals or fragrances. Overtime it has made my skin softer and less irritated.
4. Don’t scratch:I know you really want to. However, it just makes skin more irritated which starts the vicious cycle over again. If you can’t resist the urge cover up your problem areas with gauze.
5. Wear loose clothing: Especially in the summer when we are
sweatingglistening. It is important to give the skin room to “breath”.