Easter M&M Thumbprint Cookies
I don’t know about you, but I’m a sucker for limited edition candies. Why have regular Hershey’s Kisses or Mini Resee’s cups when you have ones wrapped in different colored foils! -swoon-
Shaped like an easter egg or Santa Clause. GET IN MY CART!!
New adorable Marshmallow peep color? fah-get-about-it!
I don’t always end up eating all this limited edition candy though. Its almost the end of March and I still have a ton of Christmas candy left! Opps!
One quick way to use up extra candy is to throw it into cookies. Chopped up in the batter or just displayed on top they add great color and crunch.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pastel M&Ms
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until well incorporated then add flour,salt and baking powder slowly.
- Split dough into half and wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hr. (Alternatively you can freeze formed dough balls for 12 minutes prior to baking)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Shape dough into small balls about the size of a walnut, and space 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Please resist the urge to create thumb print at this point.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press in one M&M into center of each cookie. Remove from sheet pan to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before serving.