When it comes to Halloween I prefer cutesy costumes/decorations to spooky ones.
The same holds true when it comes to food. Each year we get a cookbook in them mail filled with “bloody punch” and “spider” tacos. No way not for me! Just looking at that book makes me squirm!
These cookies are little bit spooky without being too much.
Got a gingerbread man cookie cutter and a plastic bag? Then you can make these!
Chocolate Skeleton Cookies
- 2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Whole Milk
- 1 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together. Stir in egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour and cocoa powder together.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the butter mixture stirring until just combined.
- Dust work table with flour. Roll dough out until it is around ¼ of an inch thick.
- Cut out using a gingerbread man cookie cutter.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- For The Icing: Combine all ingredients until smooth. Pour into a piping bag.
- Pipe skeleton design onto cookies. Let sit 1-2 hours or until hard.
Other Chocolate Cookies from Bloggers I Love:
Chocolate Pudding Cookies via Averie Cooks
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies via Crazy For Crust
Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies via Sally’s Baking Addiction
Chocolate Reeses Cookies via Inside Bru Crew Life
Healthy Chocolate Brownie Cookies via Eliza’s Edibles
Let know what you think