Crockpot Little Smokies
Crockpot Little Smokies: These addictive appetizers are the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. Easy to make and always the first thing gone at parties!
This easy Crockpot Little Smokies recipe is perfect for picnics, and family get together. They are always requested for open houses, picnics, game day, or church suppers. Using the slow cooker gives these little smokies a savory long-simmered taste without all the work.
These have always been a party and picnic classic in our family. They are also one of the best appetizers I’ve found for feeding a crowd!
Related: Crockpot Baked Beans
Crockpot Little Smokies Ingredients
- Little Smokies: These are also called cocktail sausages, or cocktail wieners. Also, they are usually precooked so we’re just looking to warm through through. Look for them in the refrigerator section near the prepackaged deli meat and hot dogs.
- Jalapeno Jelly: Our secret ingredient. It add a great sweet and spicy flavor. (Also wonderful on sandwiches!). I used store bought, but also love this homemade version from Fav Family Recipes. If you don’t want these to be super spicy, you could use another jelly like grape instead. I do this in my crock pot meatballs.
- Brown Sugar: This can be adjusted to taste.
- Chili Sauce: I used Heinz.
- Chicken Broth
Crockpot Little Smokies Recipe
- Line crock pot with liner or spray with non stick cooking spray. This will help make clean up easier.
- Combine all ingredients, stirring well until coated. Cook for 3 hours on low or 1-1.5 hours on high.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Combine all ingredients in the Instant Pot. Stir until evenly coated.
- Lock lid in place, and close steam valve. Cook on low pressure for 1 minute.
- Do a quick release and enjoy!
Can You Make Them Ahead?
You can always make crockpot little smokies with brown sugar ahead of time. The little smokies can simmer in the crockpot for up to eight hours. You can also serve on keep warm if you’d like. On the other hand, once the little smokies have cooled, you can store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them. Heat back up on the stove top or in the crock pot.
- Less Heat: Substitute grape jelly for the jalapeno jelly, and leave out the jalapeno.
- Use frozen meatballs instead of Little Smokies.
- Beer: Use beer instead of broth for perfect game day grub!
- Add bacon: When in doubt add bacon! Fold in 1/2 cup crisp bacon before serving.
- Gluten Free: This recipe is naturally gluten free. Be sure to check product labels to ensure your ingredients are as well.
Crockpot Little Smokies
- 1 12 Ounce Package Little Smokies
- 1 12 Ounce Jar Jalapeno Jelly
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Chili Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Jalapeno Finely Diced
In the Crock Pot
- Line crockpot with a liner, or spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients. Stir until well coated.
- Cook on high for 1-1.5 hours, or on low for 3 hours.
In The Instant Pot
- Combine all ingredients in the Instant Pot. Sit until well coated.
- Cook on low pressure for 1 minute.
- Do a quick release of pressure.
What do you think of these Crockpot Little Smokies? What is your favorite party appetizer?