As a chocolate liqueur with delectable hints of vanilla, creme de cacao is one of the most delicious ingredients you can use in a dessert cocktail. When you need a sweet nightcap or a new cocktail for Sunday brunch, you absolutely cannot go wrong with any of these delicious creme de cacao cocktails.
If you’re a chocolate lover, you’ll swoon over these drinks. Get your shakers and blenders ready! Is your mouth watering yet?!
About Creme De Cacao
- Flavor: Rich chocolate with hints of vanilla.
- Strength: Varies by brand, but usually around 60 proof or 30% ABV.
- Cost: $10-$20
- Location: Look for it in the Cordials section of your store.
- Recommended Brands: I like Tempus Fugit or Godiva for a splurge. For everyday Dekuyper is good.
Bartender Tips and Tricks
- Carefully measure your ingredients for the proper proportions.
- If you are making a boozy milkshake, add more ice cream to make it thicker, or less for a thinner drink.
- Continuously stir your cocktail so that the ingredients don’t separate.
- Blend well, otherwise, your liquors will not be distributed properly.