Cotton Candy Ice Cream: Smooth and creamy ice cream that tastes just like cotton candy. Your favorite carnival treat in ice cream form.
This ice cream reminds me of being a kid at the carnival. Before we left, I’d always have to get a big bag of fluffy blue and white cotton candy. Just like that sugary sweet, this ice cream melts in your mouth.
Best of all this cotton candy ice cream recipe is no churn! I love no churn ice cream (like this Bubble Gum Ice Cream) as it is easy and quick to make. Everyone goes crazy over this recipe, if you’ve never had it you need to try it. Cotton candy ice cream is great for birthday parties too!
How To Make Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- Beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, and cotton candy flavoring.
- Divide mixture into three bowls. Learn the first bowl white. Dye the other 2 bowls blue and pink.
- Add some of each color to a freezer safe pan. Swirl, add sprinkles, and repeat.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours.
How To Store Homemade Ice Cream
Ice cream should be stored in an air tight container. It will last about one month in the freezer.
If you find that it is starting to get freezer burn ,you can add a layer of plastic wrap over the ice cream before adding the lid.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Cotton Candy Ice Cream Gluten Free? Yes, this cotton candy flavored ice ream is usually gluten free. Always be sure to check the specific ingredients you are using to make sure there are no surprises.
- What Type of Pan Should I Use? Any type of freezer safe container will work. I used a glass 9×13 baking pan. You can also use a freezer safe bowl, or loaf pan. The smaller the surface area the less risk there is of freezer burn and ice crystals.
- Where Do You Find Cotton Candy Flavoring? Cotton Candy flavoring is available in some craft stores in the baking and cake decorating area. It is also available online at Amazon.
No Churn Ice Cream Recipes I Love
Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- 14 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 16 Ounces Heavy Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Cotton Candy Flavoring
- Blue and Pink Food Coloring
- Cotton Candy If Desired
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, and mix well. Stir in cotton candy flavoring.
- Divide mixture evenly into 3 bowls. Leave one bowl white. Add blue food coloring to one bowl, and pink to the other.
- In a 9x13 inch pan, add dollops of each color. Add sprinkles and swirl with a knife. Repeat.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours. Garnish with cotton candy if desired.
What do you think of this cotton candy ice cream? What is your all time favorite ice cream flavor?