Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza: Crunchy tortillas stuffed with flavorful beans/beef and topped with melty cheese. Tasty and healthier than the drive thru!
I heart Taco Bell! Authentic Mexican cuisine? Not so much! Delicious and cheap? Yes and yup!
However, our closest one is around ~20+ minutes away. Hardly a quick place to go for supper.
One of my favorite things to get at Taco Bell is their Mexican Pizza. I also love their Cinnabon Delights! It’s not a true pizza, but rather 2 crispy tortillas filled with beans, meat, sauce, and of course, lots of melty cheese.
Learn how to whip up a Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza that tastes better and is way healthier! It’s also super customizable. Vegetarian? Leave out the meat and use vegetarian refried beans.
Like it hot? Add some hot salsa or jalapeños!
If you don’t want to fry your own tortillas try buying pre made tostada shells from the grocery store.
Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza – Easy and Delicious
- ½ Pound Ground Beef
- ½ Package Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 8 White Corn Tortillas
- 16 Ounces Refried Beans
- ⅓ Cup Enchilada Sauce
- ⅓ Cup Salsa
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- ¼ Cup Diced Tomatoes
- ¼ Cup Sliced Green Onions if desired
- ¼ Cup Sliced Black Olives if desired
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain excess fat. Stir in water and taco seasoning.
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- In a large pot, heat oil to 375 degrees. Fry each tortilla for 30-45 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread each tortilla with ~1-2 tablespoons of refried beans. Top beans with ground meat.
- Top with second tortilla. Spread the top of the second tortilla with enchilada sauce and salsa.
- Evenly sprinkle with cheeses, tomatoes, olives, and green onion.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
What do you think of this Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza? What’s your favorite Taco Bell menu item?
Copycat Recipes From Blogs I Love:
Copycat Quesarito via Buns in My Oven
Copycat Panera Macaroni and Cheese via Shugary Sweets
Thai Chicken Pizza (CPK Copycat) via Spicy Southern Kitchen
Copycat Twix Bars via Roxanna’s via Home Baking
Copycat Red Robin Whiskey River BBQ Burger via Love Bakes Good Cakes