This chocolate martini is rich, creamy, and bursting with chocolate flavor. This easy cocktail tastes like adult chocolate milk.
I love martinis, but usually associate them with fruity flavors like apple.
This chocolate martini is by far the best dessert cocktail you’ll ever make. It is rich, creamy, and perfect for entertaining.
The chocolate martini was invented by movie star Rock Hudson. He loved enjoying martinis with his costar Elizabeth Taylor. Since they both loved chocolate, they combined the 2 flavors while shooting a movie in Texas ,and this classic dessert drink was born.
Why This Cocktail Is a Must Try
- Full of chocolate flavor: We use chocolate syrup, chocolate liquor, and shaved chocolate to make this cocktail a chocaholics dream.
- Rich and creamy: It tastes like chocolate milk for adults.
- Easy: This drink is easy to make and requires no special equipment.
Ingredient Notes and Shopping Tips
- Vodka:I used Smirnoff, but you can use whatever variety you like. A flavored vodka such as vanilla, whipped cream, or even strawberry would also be a fun twist. Store in a cool dry place for several years.
- Chocolate Liquor: I like the Godiva brand. Creme de Cacao would also work well here. The cocoa beans used to make chocolate liquor have been fermented, dried, and then roasted leading to authentic flavor.
- Baileys Irish Cream: Baileys is made with irish whiskey and cream and features hints of chocolate.
What Is Godiva Chocolate Liquor?
Made by the famous chocolate company, this potable is sure to please.
- Flavor: It has a strong chocolate flavor that isn’t too sweet.
- Strenth: Moderate: 30 proof or 15% alcohol by volume
- Location: Liqueur/Cordials
- Uses: Dessert drinks and boozy desserts
What Is Baileys Irish Cream?
Invented in 1973, Bailey’s is now the top selling liquor in the world!
- Flavor: Sweet and creamy with hints of chocolate and vanilla.
- Strength: Moderate :Bailey’s is 34 proof (Or 17% alcohol by volume)
- Location: Look for it in the liqueur/cordials section
- Uses: It goes great in drinks like Irish Coffee, or Hot Cocoa. It can also be used in desserts like cheesecake or cupcakes.
How To Make a Chocolate Martini
- Drizzle chocolate syrup into a martini glass.
- Shake remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker or mason jar for 20-30 seconds.
How Strong Is This Drink?
This drink is around 44 proof and equal to around 3 standard drinks. Always enjoy responsibly.
- No cocktail shaker? No problem!Any sealed container like a mason jar or even a travel mug can be used instead.
- Shake shake shake: Shake for around 30 seconds or until the outside of the shaker begins to feel cold to touch and looks frosty. This will ensure your martini is ice cold.
- Garnish: Garnish with chocolate syrup and chocolate curls for an extra decadent treat.
More Dessert Drinks To Try
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
- 4 Ounces Bailey's Irish Cream
- 4 Ounces Chocolate Liqueur
- 4 Ounces Vodka
- Drizzle the inside of martini glasses with chocolate syrup.
- Shake the remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker or mason jar. Pour into glass. Enjoy responsibly.