Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole: Crispy bacon and juicy chicken in a homemade ranch cream sauce. This amazing combination of flavors will have your family begging for seconds! Serve with garlic knots for the perfect meal.
This Chicken bacon ranch casserole tastes amazing, and is easy to make too. It is one of my favorite flavor combinations. It is sure to bring you family running to the table, and begging for seconds.
I made this with pasta, but have also tried to with tater tots on top yummy. It is adaptable. Add what you like! You can even make it keto or gluten free.
It also makes a great freezer meal. When I make this casserole, I like to make a double batch of it. One to eat and one to freeze! It requires very little work and it is a simple way to make a meal for another busy night.
How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Prep work: Preheat oven, cook pasta, and grease pan.
- Make the sauce: Melt butter. Stir in cream cheese and cream. Add in parmesan and ranch seasoning.
- Cook Chicken: Cook chicken until browned and cooked through.
- Assemble: Combine pasta, chicken, cheese and bacon in prepared pan. Pour over ranch mixture,and stir. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
How Long Will It Last?
- Room Temperature: Keep at room temperature no longer than 2 hours.
- Refrigerate: This casserole will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Be sure to store in an air tight container, or wrap your baking dish tightly in plastic wrap.
- Freeze: This casserole freezes wonderfully for up to 3 months. You can also make one to eat, and one to freeze. Thaw in the fridge overnight before baking.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Dice Raw Chicken? When you are going to dice raw chicken, it is important to do it in a safe way. Use a clean cutting board and a sharp knife. Slice the chicken crosswise and against the grain. Slicing across the grain results in tender pieces of chicken. Slice the chicken into around ¼ inch strips ,and then slice it into smaller pieces.
- Can You Make It Ahead? Yes, this dish can be made up to a day ahead. Prepare the recipe up until the baking step. Then wrap well, and store in the refrigerator.
- Can You Make It Keto? You sure can! This is an easy recipe to turn into a keto casserole. Simply remove the noodles.
- Can You Use Milk or Half & Half Instead of Heavy Cream? While you can, it is best to use cream. This will give it the best flavor and consistency. This is one of those places that it is best to use the real stuff.
- Mix Up The Pasta: Any shape that holds sauce well will work here. Rotini, penne, or even wagon wheels.
- Make It Keto: Leave out the pasta.
- Make It Gluten Free: Use cooked rice instead of pasta. White or brown rice would be super yummy.
- Add Veggies: Cauliflower, broccoli, or mixed veggies would all be good choices.
- Potatoes: Leave out the pasta and top with tater tots instead like this.
What to Serve With
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Diced
- 1 Box Farfalle (Bow Tie) Pasta
- 6 Strips Bacon Cooked Crisp and Crumbled
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Package Ranch Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded and Divided
- Scallions For Garnish, If Desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to box directions.
- In a large dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in cream and cream cheese. Stir constantly until combined.
- Add in parmesan and ranch packet. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Place cooked pasta, cooked chicken, 1/2 of shredded cheddar ,and chopped bacon in prepared pan. Pour in ranch mixture and mix well.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese, and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes remove foil for the last 5 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and enjoy!
What do you think of this chicken bacon ranch casserole?