Creme Brulee, Pots De Creme, and Macaroons are tasty, but I’ll take a good chocolate chip cookie over them any day of the week.
They were the first thing I ever learned to bake with my Grandmother, and they’re still the dessert I crave the most.
I love baking cookies, but let’s face it they’re time consuming. Each pan takes 10-15 minutes, then the cookies have to sit, then the pan has to cool.It’s amazing how long 3 pans of cookies can take to bake.
While I promise to be productive between batches, I usually just waste it on Pinterest! 🙂
I love that these Bars because they taste like chocolate chip cookies, but only require one pan. You’ll be done in less than 35 minutes, promise!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Bars Recipe
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter 1 ½ sticks, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 13x9-inch pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir flour,salt and baking soda together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl cream butter and sugars together. Add egg,yolk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press batter into your pan until smooth and even.
- Bake until golden brown 23-26 minutes.
1. Add oreos or peanut butter cups after pouring in ½ of the batter. Top with remaining batter.
2. Use a mix of peanut butter and chocolate chips.