Simple and fun milkshakes, perfect for Halloween!
As summer comes to an end, I bid a fond adieu to ice cream.
I know plenty of people who eat ice cream all year round. However, I’m not one of them. I just can’t crave something ice cold in the winter. I go more for warm things like cobbler right out of the oven.
Even though it’s the first week in October, it’s still not “super” cold here in PA. I was trying to think of a way to merge fall and ice cream. Here is what I came up with.
Candy Corn Milkshake Recipe
Candy Corn Milkshake
- 1 Quart Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Quart Orange Sherbet
- Whipped Cream Homemade or Store bought
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Sprinkles or Candy Corn to Garnish If Desired
- Soften ice cream and sherbet for around 30 minutes. Add around ⅓ of the quart of ice cream to a bowl (a little more is fine!). Stir in yellow food coloring until combined.
- Fill clear glasses around ⅓ of the way full with yellow ice cream. Return to freezer for 5-10 minutes or until set.
- Once set, fill cup around ⅔ of the way full with orange sherbet. Return to freezer for 5-10 minutes or until set.
- Fill cup nearly full using the plain vanilla ice cream. Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with sprinkles or candy corn if desired.
Adapted via: Kara’s Party Ideas
You may also enjoy:
Candy Corn Cookies
Made these for my Halloween party, as little shooters. They were a hit!
Lissa @ The Flourishing Baker says
I am in PA too and it’s not gotten extremely cold where I am located either. The other day we had the perfect super crisp fall air and it was great. This milkshake looks so fun!
Glad to connect with another PA blogger! Before we know it it’ll be snowing! 🙂
Thanks for your kind words!
We are thinking about moving back east to fairview pa. What’s it like we love snow
How cool! I love the snow but have never heard of that area. I am near Pittsburgh.
Jocelyn (Grandbaby cakes) says
OMG I seriously want this milkshake sooo bad right now! Pinned!