One of the cookies we bake every year without fail are Peanut Butter Blossoms. I’m sure you’re familiar with the peanut butter cookies with a hershey kiss in the middle.
When I saw this twist on a classic, I knew I had to try it out. It features a sugar cookie with a candy cane kiss in the middle. It adds a cool burst of mint, with crunchy candy cane pieces for texture.
I think it’ll become a new Christmas tradition in our household!
- 1 bag of Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses
- ½ cup butter 1 stick, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons water
- Red and Green colored sugar(I used the kind you use to decorate sugar cookies.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove wrappers from candies (approx. 36)
- Mix butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in large bowl.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternatively with water to butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in red and/or green colored sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 - 1o minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies is set.
- Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes.(This is very important! I didn't wait on my first batch and they melted). Press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Recipe Adapted from Baked Perfection .