Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
The first thing I ever baked was chocolate chip cookies with my Grandma. I would mix the ingredients, and then she’d bake them in the oven. We always just used the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag. They never failed to turn out amazing! Sometimes she even let me eat them for breakfast. Now that she in unable to bake, I love experimenting in search of the perfect recipe.
I think I may have finally found it!
Can’t decide between a cookie and cake? Have them both with my soft,chewy Cake Mix Cookies. They are jammed full of Chocolate Chips, with a hint of cake batter flavor.
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Mix)
- ½ cup (1 stick) Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Milk
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups (1 Bag) of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix butter, cake mix, and milk together.
- Crack your egg into a separate bowl and beat it slightly. Then add it to your bowl.
- Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons full (I used a cookie scoop) onto an un-greased pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (mine only took 10) or until the edges are set and no longer appear wet/shiny.
- Let sit on the pan for 2-3 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
They are best enjoyed straight from the oven. Yum!
Recipe Adapted from: Betty Crocker