Cadbury Cupcakes From Scratch(Last Updated On: March 7, 2019)
Cadbury Cupcakes: Rich chocolate cupcakes with creamy buttercream frosting decorated to look like a Cadbury Egg. The easiest and yummiest Easter Cupcake around!
Cadbury Eggs are something I avoided for so many years. My family told me I wouldn’t like them. Plus I though they had real eggs inside (EW!). A few years ago I tried them, and LOVED them. Now I’m making up for lost time!
They are both filled with and topped with Cadbury Eggs because you can can never have enough! Seeing this recipe and it’s not near Easter? STOP don’t just pin this post for later. Try it with my Copycat Cadbury Eggs recipe.
I even decorated them to resemble a Cadbury egg, but that’s optional. They’d still taste great with regular buttercream (or dare I say it chocolate?!).
Cadbury Cupcakes Recipe
- <b> For the Cadbury Cupcakes </b>
- 24 Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs (12 Frozen)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- <b> For the Buttercream Frosting </b>
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt To Taste
- Yellow Food Coloring If Desired
- <b> For the Chocolate Cadbury Cupcakes </b>
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour in buttermilk.
- Stir in cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add in flour a little a time until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill cupcake liners ~2/3 of the way full. Press a frozen Cadbury egg into the middle of each cupcake. Use a knife to cover the hole you made.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- <br> For the Buttercream Frosting </b>
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Gradually add powdered sugar a little at a time. Add milk as needed until you reach your desired consistency.
- Dye ~1 Cup of the buttercream frosting yellow.
- Spread or pipe white frosting. Top with yellow frosting. Top with a mini Cadbury Egg.
Cadbury Cupcakes adapted via My Baking Addiction
Chocolate Cupcake Recipe adapted via Sally’s Baking Addiction
Craving more cupcakes?
Cadbury recipes from Blogs I Heart:
Cadbury Creme Egg Cake via Liv For Cake
Cadbury Stuffed Brookies via Beyond Frosting
Cadbury Egg Fudge via Shugary Sweets
What do you think of these Cadbury Cupcakes?