Butterfinger Poke Cake: So luscious,but only 5 ingredients! Easy to make and even easier to eat!
Poke Cakes are such a crowd pleaser. They are easy to make and always go over well.
They’re great to take to summer BBQs,church suppers, or family reunions.
Other Yummy Cakes to Try
This butterfinger poke cake is a moist yellow cake filled with rich caramel. Then the whole thing is topped off with light whipped topping. I really like this because it is not as heavy as frosting. (Although I do love frosting, my family often complains it is “too” sweet).
Too sweet is as logical to me as:
a. A cookie with too many chocolate chips
b. Nachos with too much cheese
c. Popcorn with too much butter
Butterfinger Poke Cake Tips:
- This cake would also be tasty with chocolate or marble cake mix.
- If you forget to thaw your Cool Whip try floating it in a bowl of warm water. Do not microwave ,or it may separate.
- Feel free to use your favorite candy bar. I bet this would also be awesome with Snickers or Twix! I’m trying that next time!
Butterfinger Poke Cake Trivia Tidbits
- In an early marketing campaign, Nestle dropped Butterfinger candy bars from airplanes. Chocolate falling from the sky? Sounds like a dream come true!
- Remember the “end of the world” in 2012 when the Mayan calendar ended? Butterfinger hopped on board ,and cut a working QR crop circle into a Kansas field.
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix, And Ingredients Called For On the Box
- 14 Ounce Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 16 Ounce Jar Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 8 Ounce Tub Cool Whip, Thawed
- 4 Regular Size Butterfingers, Roughly Chopped
Craving More Cake?
Cakes From Blogs I Love:
Cinnamon Carrot Poke Cake via Julie’s Eats and Treats
Mint Cream Chocolate Cake via Mama Gourmand
Irish Cream Cake via Sugar and Soul