Brownie Cookies: Rich and fudgy, with perfectly chewy centers. You’ll wonder how you lived without these in your life for so long!
I love making (and eating!) cookies. One of my new favorites to eat with a glass of milk is these easy brownie cookies! These cookies include. everything I love about brownies. Fudgy, rich and with perfect crackly tops. Crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside=the textures of a pan of a whole pan of brownies in the palm of your hand!
These brownie cookies bake up quick because we start with a boxed mix. Once you take a bite of brownie mix cookies, you will wonder how you missed out on this life hack for so long!
Related: Cosmic Brownies
Brownie Cookie Ingredients
- Brownie Mix: Use your favorite type here. A homemade mix can also be used if you have some handy.
- Vegetable Oil
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Brownie Cookies
- Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Scoop onto prepared sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until no longer shiny.
- Cool on pan for a few minutes before transferring for a wire rack.
Can you Freeze Brownie Cookies?
You can freeze both the batter and baked cookies. Be sure to store tightly in a covered container, or in a freezer baggie. We love freezing these ahead of time for holidays like Christmas.
How to Store Cookies
Storing brownie cookies the correct way is important if you want to keep the cookies soft and chewy. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. You do not want to store the cookies in the fridge as they could dry out.
How Long Do They Last?
These brownie cookies will stay fresh for 5-7 days if they are stored properly. If you find the cookies are getting hard, you can reheat the cookies in the microwave for a few seconds. Depending on your microwave, it takes about 15-30 seconds for two cookies.
Brownie Cookie Variations:
- Peanut Butter: Use peanut butter chips for a classic combination.
- Sandwich: Place ice cream or frosting in between 2 cookies for an extra special treat.
- Smores: Place a marshmallow and chocolate square in between 2 cookies for a decadent smore.
- Cookies and Cream: Add chopped oreos to the batter.
- Mint: Add mint extract and chopped Andes candies.
More Easy Cookies
- 1 Box Brownie Mix
- ½ Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 5 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoons Water
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. It is ok if the dough is sticky.
- Use a cookie scoop, to drop onto prepared pans.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until no longer glossy. Do not over bake, the cookies will continue to bake on the pan.
- Cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe adapted via: Sugar and Soul
If you need an easy dessert or just want a chocolate cookie that can satisfy your cravings, you have to try this brownie cookie recipe.
What do you think of these brownie cookies? Are you a center or edge brownie kind of person?