Breakfast Quesadilla: Fluffy scrambled eggs and savory ham inside an ultra crispy tortilla. Perfect for busy mornings and freezer friendly!
Quesadillas are one of my all-time favorite recipes. Quick, one pan, and perfect for cleaning out the fridge. They’re also perfect for breakfast on busy mornings. I’m partnering with Smithfield to create this easy breakfast quesadilla recipe.
It is a fun twist on the breakfast sandwich with savory ham, fluffy scrambled eggs, and melty cheese. Best of all, it is ready in 20 minutes or less. It is the perfect protein-packed breakfast for the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. It gives me the energy I need to power through my packed schedule of decorating, baking, and shopping!
More Brunch Goodies
Breakfast Quesadilla Ingredients
- Onion: Try to dice your onion and pepper the same size so it cooks at the same rate.
- Green Bell Pepper: I like to use green as it reminds me of my favorite diner breakfast: The Denver omelette. However, any color will work fine.
- Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham: Delicious holiday ham flavor without the work! Enjoy the taste of the holidays any time of the day with this pre-cut ham. Quick and easy, but still full of that scrumptious Smithfield flavor. Look for it in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store on your next visit!
- Cheese: I used cheddar. However, Monterey Jack or even Pepper Jack would be delicious as well!
Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe
First, cook the onion and bell pepper. Next, add in the Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham.
Scramble eggs until set.
Now it is time to assemble our quesadillas! I like to place my cooked ham, vegetables, and eggs in dishes and start an assembly line.
I start by placing my quesadilla in a hot skillet. Then I pile in my filling, and top with another tortilla. Cook for a few minutes per side. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you freeze them? You sure can. They are perfect for breakfast in a pinch. I follow the recipe until step 5. Instead of assembling in the skillet, I use sheets of aluminum foil. Wrap tightly and place into a container or freezer baggie. To enjoy, cook for a few minutes on each side in a skillet. You can also use the microwave, but they won’t get as crispy!
Should I use corn or flour tortillas? It is up to you! I used flour in this recipe.
How can I make perfect scrambled eggs? Everyone can make scrambled eggs, but not everyone can make them well! To ensure fluffy eggs every time, I always:
- Use medium or medium low heat. Cooking too quickly will result in dry or rubbery eggs.
- Whisk in a bowl, not in the skillet. This mixes the whites/yolks better and also incorporates more air into the mixture. I hate dishes as much as anyone, but the extra dirty dish/step is so worth it!
- Pull them off a second before you think they’re done. They’ll continue cooking in the pan for a few minutes.
This breakfast quesadilla has become a fast favorite in our household. I’m already planning a breakfast quesadilla bar for when my family comes in for Christmas. They can customize with their favorite ingredients!
Looking for more holiday inspiration? Be sure to check out Smithfield’s Holiday Hub for more creative ideas! Smithfield Anytime Favorites is available in 20 different cuts (including sliced, diced, chops, and steaks) and can be found at your local grocery store! The perfect choice to complete every holiday menu because it provides that taste of home without having to prepare a full holiday ham.
- 1 Package Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham
- 1 Sweet Onion, Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter, Divided
- 8 8 Inch Tortillas
- Salt/Pepper, To Taste
- In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Cook onion, and bell pepper until tender.
- Add in ham and cook until heated through. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over low heat. Crack eggs one at a time into a large bowl. Add salt and pepper. Whisk well.
- Scramble eggs until set. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat butter over medium high heat. Place tortilla in the skillet. Fill with veggie/ham mixture, and eggs. Top with another tortilla.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with salsa if desired.
What do you think of these breakfast quesadillas? What is your favorite quick and easy breakfast recipe?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield.