Blueberry Crumb Bars
Blueberry Crumb Bars: These bars are full of juicy blueberries and are topped with a super crunchy crumb topping of toasted oats, dried blueberries, and sunflower seeds.
Nature Valley has just rolled out their Toasted Oat Museli. It’s a delicious blend of oats, fruit, and seeds. It’s great on it’s own for breakfast. Soaking it is super popular and it’s a great granola substitute as well! However, I think it’s even better in recipes!
Blueberry contains: Whole Grain Oats, Sunflower Seeds, Dried Blueberries, Pumpkin Seeds, Raisins, Almond Pieces, Dried Cranberries
Original contains: Original Flavor: Whole Grain oats, Sunflower Seeds, Dried Cranberries, Raisins, Toasted Coconut, Almond Pieces, Pumpkin Seeds
We love enjoying sweets over coffee on weekends, so of course I had to go for a sweet treat. I choose to make Blueberry Crumb Bars. SO good! The oats add some health benefits and amazing texture. For my recipe I chose to use the blueberry variety.
These blueberry crumb bars are full of juicy blueberries and are topped with a super crunchy crumb topping of toasted oats, dried blueberries, and sunflower seeds. You can use fresh or frozen berries: whatever you have on hand!
Blueberry Crumb Bars
- <b> For The Crust & Crumb Topping </b>
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Nature Valley Toasted Oats Museli in the Flavor Blueberry
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- <b> For The Blueberry Filling </b>
- 2 Cups Blueberries, Fresh or Frozen
- 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- <b> For The Crust/Crumble </b>
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 pan with foil ,and spray with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Stir melted butter, flour, toasted oats museli, sugars, and salt together.
- Set one heaping cup of this mixture aside to be used for the topping.
- Press the remaining mixture evenly into your prepared pan.
- <b> For The Blueberry Filling: </b>
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients.
- Spread over crust and sprinkle with the reserved crumble mixture.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the edges are set.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Adapted via: Averie Cooks
Eager to try this product for yourself? Be sure to grab your $1 off coupon here!