Blueberry Crumb Bars: These bars are full of juicy blueberries and are topped with a super crunchy crumb topping of toasted oats, dried blueberries, and sunflower seeds.
Just like my blueberry coffee cake, these bars start with fresh juicy blueberries.
Nature Valley has just rolled out their Toasted Oat Museli. It’s a delicious blend of oats, fruit, and seeds. It’s great on it’s own for breakfast. Soaking it is super popular and it’s a great granola substitute as well! However, I think it’s even better in recipes!
It’s available in 2 flavors: Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli-Blueberry and Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli-Original.
Blueberry contains: Whole Grain Oats, Sunflower Seeds, Dried Blueberries, Pumpkin Seeds, Raisins, Almond Pieces, Dried Cranberries
Original contains: Original Flavor: Whole Grain oats, Sunflower Seeds, Dried Cranberries, Raisins, Toasted Coconut, Almond Pieces, Pumpkin Seeds
We love enjoying sweets over coffee on weekends, so of course I had to go for a sweet treat. I choose to make Blueberry Crumb Bars. SO good! The oats add some health benefits and amazing texture. For my recipe I chose to use the blueberry variety.
These blueberry crumb bars are full of juicy blueberries and are topped with a super crunchy crumb topping of toasted oats, dried blueberries, and sunflower seeds. You can use fresh or frozen berries: whatever you have on hand!
Blueberry Crumb Bars
For The Crust & Crumb Topping
- ½ Cup Butter Melted
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Nature Valley Toasted Oats Museli in the Flavor Blueberry
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- ¼ Cup Light Brown Sugar Packed
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
For The Blueberry Filling
- 2 Cups Blueberries Fresh or Frozen
- ⅓ Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
For The Crust/Crumble
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 pan with foil ,and spray with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Stir melted butter, flour, toasted oats museli, sugars, and salt together.
- Set one heaping cup of this mixture aside to be used for the topping.
- Press the remaining mixture evenly into your prepared pan.
For The Blueberry Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients.
- Spread over crust and sprinkle with the reserved crumble mixture.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the edges are set.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Adapted via: Averie Cooks
Eager to try this product for yourself? Be sure to grab your $1 off coupon here!
Which Nature Valley Museli product would you most like to try? Don’t forget your coupon!
Katy | Her Cup of Joy says
I love fruit bars, they are my favorite. These blueberry bars look incredible. I love how you used the granola as a crumb topping, genius!
Thank you Katy! What’s your favorite kind of fruit to use?
Sam @ SugarSpunRun says
Oh man, these look so good! I love the pop of color from the blueberries!! 🙂
Thanks Sam! My favorite “natural” color for sure!