Blossoming Gingersnap Cookies(Last Updated On: August 3, 2020)
Blossoming Gingersnap Cookies: Soft and spicy ginger cookies topped with a rich chocolate star. The perfect balance of spicy and sweet, great for holiday cookie trays!
I’m great at compromising as long as I get exactly what I want! 🙂
For example, want to go out to lunch? You bet I do!
Sure, of course you can pick the place.
Oh? That’s your suggestion? Well I think we should go here!
And of course we end up going to my choice! 😉 Any one else do this?
#selfish #igetwhatiwant #onlychildsyndrome
When it comes to cookies or dessert in general I’m all about sweet sugary goodness! Spicy eh not really my cup of tea (no pun intended). However, my Grandfather especially loves gingersnap cookies.
I love baking them for Christmas, but wanted to come up with a version I’ll enjoy too. The answer? Top those suckers with a chocolate star! nomnom!
Blossoming Gingersnap Cookies
Blosssoming Gingersnap Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, shortening, and molasses. Add in egg, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Gradually stir in flour a little at a time, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Shape dough into ~1 inch balls. Roll in white sugar until coated. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until the tops begin to crack. Remove from oven. Immediately press 1 chocolate star into the center of each cookie.
- Cool on pan for 2-3 minutes. Remove to a wire wrack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted via Pilsbury
Christmas Cookies From Bloggers I Heart:
Gingerbread Cookie Sticks via Crazy For Crust
Candy Cane Blossom Sugar Cookies via Averie Cooks
Classic Chocolate Crinkle Cookies via Homemade Hooplah
What do you think of these Blossoming Gingersnap Cookies?