Banana Pudding Poke Cake: Moist banana cake topped with a generous amount of cream and vanilla wafers. All the flavors of banana pudding in an easy to bake cake!
Banana Pudding is one of our all time favorite desserts. It is the perfect ending to a Sunday Supper, or a great late night treat. (What don’t pretend like you don’t get the munchies for sweets at midnight too).
Craving more cake?
Bonus: You can use up those bananas that have seen better days from your kitchen counter!
Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix + Ingredients called for on the box
- 4 Medium Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 2 4 Serving Boxes Instant Banana Pudding
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 8 oz Container Extra Creamy Cool Whip, Thawed
- 2 Bananas Sliced
- 1 Cup Vanilla wafers Crushed
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and dust a 9x13 pan with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, ingredients called for on the box, and bananas until well combined.
- Bake for 38-40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately poke holes in cake using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Whisk milk and pudding mix together until thickened.
- Pour pudding mix over top of cake. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Serve with cool whip, sliced bananas, and crushed vanilla wafers.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Banana Pudding Poke Cake Tips
- Check with the produce guru at your grocery store. Mine has super cheap ripe bananas once a week that are perfect for baking!
- You could also top this cake with homemade whipped cream if you are feeling fancy.
- I’ve also made banana pudding cupcakes if you prefer a smaller treat.
Banana Pudding Poke Cake Trivia Tidbits:
- There’s an annual Banana Pudding Festival each year in Tennessee. Field trip?!
- One of the first Banana Pudding Recipes was published by Mary Harris Frazer in 1903.
Banana Desserts From Blogs I Heart:
- Triple Chocolate Banana Bread via The Domestic Rebel
- Banana Cream Layer Cake via Life Love Sugar
- Banana Magic Cake via OMG Chocolate Desserts
What do you think of this banana pudding poke cake?