Bacon Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese: Gooey cheese, smokey bacon, and spicy jalapenos sandwiched between 2 slices of extra crispy Texas toast.
It’s because I LOVE the cold weather. This past week we’ve been experiencing chillier weather here in PA. Chillier weather makes me crave classic comfort food. What could be more comforting than a grilled cheese?
Growing up mine were made with Kraft American, however this bacon jalapeno popper grilled cheese is a bit “fancier”. This bacon jalapeno popper grilled cheese would be perfect for watching the big game too (Go Cowboys!!).
- 8-10 Fresh Jalapenos
- 8 Slices Texas Toast (or your favorite bread!)
- 8 Oz. Brick Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 10 Slices Bacon, Cooked Crisply
- Butter, Softened
- Preheat your broiler. Place Jalapenos on a baking sheet and broil for 2-3 minutes on each side until slightly charred.
- No broiler? No problem! Roast over a gas stove flame using tongs, or grill!
- Place jalapenos in a sealed container for 15-20 minutes. Then remove and peel off the skin. Remove seeds if desired.
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese and shredded cheese. Then spread mixture the inside of 4 of the bread slices.
- Top with bacon, jalapenos, and the top slice of bread.
- Spread both sides of the sandwich with butter. Cook in skillet until golden brown.
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Recipe Adapted Via Mrs. Happy Homemaker
You may also enjoy:
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
Other Gooey Grilled Cheese Recipes from Blogging Friends:
Cheese Lover’s Grilled Cheese via Averie Cooks
Grilled Cheese Bites via Oh Sweet Basil
California Club Grilled Cheese via Lauren’s Latest
Brie and Blueberry Waffle Grilled Cheese via Damn Delicious
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese via Closet Cooking
What do you think of this bacon jalapeno popper grilled cheese?