Sweet “meats” salty in these ultra chewy cookies bursting with sweet chocolate chips and smoky bacon.
Chocolate chip cookies are my all time favorite dessert. I’m constantly looking for ways to reinvent then.
Please check out Exhibits A, B, and C
Go ahead I’ll wait!
I’ve never tried adding a salty sweet twist to my cookies, but why not just jump right in with bacon! Does bacon really make everything better?
These cookies seem to confirm that. They’re easy to whip up-no mixer required! It’s a great way to use up the other half of that pack of bacon you opened for breakfast.
More Cookies To Try
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 and ½ Sticks Butter Softened
- ¾ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 and ¼ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 7 Slices Bacon Cooked Crisp and Roughly Chopped
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Stir in eggs, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in flour a little at a time, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in bacon and chocolate chips.
- Place cookie dough onto un-greased baking sheet using a rounded tablespoon. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for 3 minutes on pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
Bacon Goodies from Blogs I love:
Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls via Crazy for Crust
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup via Shugary Sweets
Elvis Pudding Cookies via Love Bakes Good Cakes
We are baking these babies right now and follow ur recipe to the T. A few questions why did we get 48cookies?? Lol also taken much longer to bake? Nevermind thats prob becaus we did make them bigger then diredcted.
Dough tasted delicious!!!
Krystle Smith says
Hi Sarah! It sounds like your cookies may have been a different size than mine. Did you scoop them out with a cookie scoop, or just your hands? Hope you enjoy. Please stop back and see me again sometime.
Guess what I am going to do RIGHT NOW? B I N G O !! I can’t believe I never thought of this!! (My favs –up to now—are candied pepper bacon and chocolate covered bacon, which I have been doing for Y EA R S) The sound you hear is my head exploding! 😉
Hope you enjoyed Donna! Love that you’ve been making sweet bacon before everyone else jumped on the bandwagon!