Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are my all time favorite dessert. I’m constantly looking for ways to reinvent then.
Go ahead I’ll wait!
I’ve never tried adding a salty sweet twist to my cookies, but why not just jump right in with bacon! Does bacon really make everything better?
These cookies seem to confirm that. They’re easy to whip up-no mixer required! It’s a great way to use up the other half of that pack of bacon you opened for breakfast.
- 1 and ½ Sticks Butter, Softened
- ¾ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 and ¼ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 7 Slices Bacon, Cooked Crisp and Roughly Chopped
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Stir in eggs, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in flour a little at a time, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in bacon and chocolate chips.
- Place cookie dough onto un-greased baking sheet using a rounded tablespoon. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for 3 minutes on pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Bacon Goodies from Blogs I love:
Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls via Crazy for Crust
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup via Shugary Sweets
Elvis Pudding Cookies via Love Bakes Good Cakes