Broccoli Salad With Bacon: Tender broccoli tossed with smoky bacon and crunchy sunflower seeds.
I’ll be the first to admit I’m not a veggie lover. For a long time, I was the proudly proclaimed vegetarian who didn’t eat vegetables!
However, this Broccoli Salad complete with bacon is guaranteed to turn even the pickiest eaters into broccoli converts!
Broccoli Salad with bacon makes a wonderful picnic side dish. Wherever I take it, everyone asks for the recipe. Today I’d like to share my Bacon Salad recipe with you!
Broccoli Salad With Bacon
- 1 Pound Broccoli Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ⅓ Cup Hot Water
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- ½ Red Onion Diced
- 12 Slices Bacon Cooked Crisply
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Sunflower Kernels
- In a medium bowl mix sugar and hot water until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the water/sugar mixture over the broccoli.
- Cool slightly. Stir in mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Fold in cheese, onion, and bacon. Top with sunflower kernels.
- Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
You May Also Enjoy:
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
Other Broccoli Recipes Worth Reading:
Ham and Broccoli Pasta Bake via Inside Bru Crew Life
Cheesy Broccoli Rice with Ham via Buns in My Oven
Broccoli Pesto Pasta via Lauren’s Latest
Broccoli Parmesan Dip via Damn Delicious
Cheesy Broccoli Casserole via Diethood
What do you think of this Bacon Broccoli Salad?