Disclosure: Today’s post about makeup and health tips is brought is sponsored by Nestle. All opinions are my own.
Growing up my Mom wore minimal makeup as she had to be at work at 6 A.M.!
One thing she taught me early on was that “The secret to makeup is to make it look like you aren’t wearing any“.
I dug right in with the following
1. Glittery Purple Eye shadow
2. Cakey foundation (look at meeee I’m wearing makeup can ya tell, huh can ya?)
3. Pale Pink Lipsticks (think Zombie!)
4. Thick black eyeliner
5. and worst of all light blue frost lipstick (yes it really existed).
Thank gosh social media didn’t exist then, or there would be a lot of horrible photos of me on facebook and Instagram.
My Mom always taught me that makeup should only enhance your natural beauty. That way people are noticing how amazing your eyes/skin/ect look without even being aware you’re wearing makeup!
While I initially rejected my Mom’s makeup advice, as I’ve gotten older I’ve grown to like more neutral makeup.
My go to look is
1. Natural looking full coverage foundation
2. Light brown eye shadow with some darker brown in the crease
3. Thin black eye liner
4. Pink Lipstick topped with clear gloss
Besides teaching me makeup tips and tricks, my Mom also taught me some things about staying healthy.
1. Have one diet cheat day a week. I always indulge on the weekends, because then I don’t feel deprived.
2. Drink plenty of water. Its great for glowing skin and energy! Our go to is Nestle Pure life bottled water which is formulate with no sugar, artificial flavors, or calories!
3. This too shall pass. Bad times never last forever.
4.It’s always better to walk away than to say words you can’t take back.(Courtesy of Nestle)
5.Opportunity is always knocking, you just have to listen hard enough to hear it.(Via Nesetle)
Want more tips on staying hydrated? Join Nestle’s 400,000 facebook fans and pledge to swap out one sugary beverage for water each day. This could save you nearly 50,000 calories each year!
What’s the best advice your Mom ever gave you?