5 Ways To Beat The Fall Blues(Last Updated On: February 26, 2019)
Colder weather, back to school, and less sunlight are the hallmarks of Fall. However, it’s easy for these things ,and the end of summer itself to make us feel a little down the dumps.
Here are my best tips for beating the fall blues!
1. Go for a walk: While the weather is chilly, its still nice enough to go for a walk during the day. Personally, I find the cool, crisp air energizing and refreshing! Grab the stroller or a dog (or 2!) and get out there.
2. Hang out with friends: The coolest months have me wanting to hide in bed with a warm blanket. However, its important to remain in contact with your friends or family. Get together for a book club or Mom’s day out to help you stay grounded and connected.
3. Snack Smart: Cooler weather often has me reaching for sugar loaded treats that leave me feeling guilty and tired after the sugar crash. Lately I’ve been addicted to the ZonePerfect Perfectly Simple Nutrition Bar. They’ high in protein but under 200 calories. The result: a super yummy snack that doesn’t have leave hungry again in an hour!
I also love that they’re individually wrapped. Perfect for throwing into your purse when going to the mall or going to the gym.
4. Delve into a hobby: Do a craft, read a book, or work on your car. Do whatever makes you happy and relaxed! Lately, I’ve been really into adult coloring (yes that’s a thing!!). 🙂
5. Pamper yourself: Let’s face it life is busy. Treat yourself once in awhile. Get a salon mani/pedi or just use that fancy bubblebath on the top shelf in the tub tonight.