5 Fun Things To Do With Your Dog This Summer #SentinelSpectrum
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Virbac® Sentinel® Spectrum®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Feeling cooped up after a long winter inside? Chances are your dog is feeling the same way!
Summer brings warmer weather, people to watch, and of course interesting things to sniff!
Today I’m going to share some of my favorite things to do with my dogs in the summer.
1. Splash around: Buy an inexpensive wading pool for your dog to splash around in. It helps cool them down, and stimulates their senses.
2. Go for a car ride: No air conditioning? Cool off in the car with fido on a nice long ride. Bonus idea: Stop for ice cream along the way!
3. Enjoy a frozen treat: A rubber toy filled with dog food or a treat can be popped into the freezer. In the summer, we also like to place a small piece of cheese or treat in an ice cube tray before freezing. It’s a great way to keep your dog occupied and hydrated! It is best to let them enjoy these outdoors, as it will melt fast!
4. Go to a ballgame: Our local MLB team has one night each month where dogs are allowed to attend! Check your local team, I bet they might too! If not, a little league game with the kiddos can be just as fun.
5. Host a BBQ: Invite your friends and their pooches over for an evening of good food and socializing!
This time of year is a good time to start protecting your dog against parasites! Let’s face it summer is crazy busy. Who has time for a different medicine for everything? Not me!
Even though we think most about parasites in the summer, it is important to use year round protection because missing one dose puts your dog at risk.
We’ve had the “lucky” experience of both worms and fleas in our house. Whether it is tummy troubles from intestinal parasites or constant itching from fleas, it is miserable to see your fur babies suffering. It’s all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone right?
Taking one beef flavored chew each month can protect them from fleas, heartworm, and intestinal parasites like hookworms.
Want to put your knowledge to the test? Be sure to fill out this quiz/survey. I bet you’ll learn something, I know I did!
What is your favorite thing to do with your dog?