10 Summer Foods
1. Ice Cream: Anyone else look in horror at those people enjoying ice cream when its 30 degrees outside? When its cold, all I want is a hot beverage. I generally only enjoy ice cream when its sweltering. My favorite flavors are Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cookie Dough, and Birthday Cake! What are yours??
2.Creamsicles: My 2nd favorite frozen treat. Nothing beats the creamy ice cream with an orange popsicle on the outside.
3. Watermelon: We generally buy precut slices/chunks. You pay a bit more, but it is generally less expensive.
4. Smores: This week at the grocery store I saw a display of all the Smores fixings already. I’m already craving their gooey, chocolate yummyness.
5. Cake: I know this sounds like a strange summer food, but my birthday is in July. I’m not very good at baking (or frosting!) cakes so I always look forward to my birthday treat. I usually get a cake from a local bakery or a cookie cake. However, this year I’m eying up the new Cake Boss cakes at our supermarket.
6. Strawberry Daiquiris: Okay so technically not a food, but they are still super yummy. I love enjoying one after working in the hot weather. Our grocery store even sells pre-mixed pouches with the alcohol already in it!
7. Sangria: My other favorite summertime drink tastes amazing with fresh fruit in it.
8. Grilled Veggie Burgers: As a vegetarian I still love grilling. I take mine with extra sharp cheese and ketchup.
9. Corn on the Cob: The longest summer of my life was when I was missing my 2 front teeth! I couldn’t enjoy corn once that summer. It contains a sweetness and crunch you just can’t get from frozen or canned vegetables.
10. Root Beer Floats: They remind me of my childhood. I like them best when everything is melty and mixed together yum!
What are you favorite summer eats?
Need some new appliances to whip up your favorites? Be sure to check Appliances Online!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by the Fairy Hobmother. All opinions are my own.