Southern Sweet Potato Pie Bars:A flaky cream cheese crust filled with brown sugar sweet potatoes and topped with gooey marshmallows.
Southern Sweet Potato Pie is a classic Thanksgiving dish. But let’s face it, it’s sort of a once a year time of food. It can also be intimidating to make.
Scared of messing up a whole southern sweet potato pie and having to present it to the fam? Make these Souther Sweet Potato Pie Bars instead!
- 6 Ounces (around ¾ of an 8 oz. brick) Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1¼ Cups Butter, Softened and Divided
- 2½ Cups All Purpose Flour, Divided
- 4 Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Cooked
- ¾ Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 Can (14 Oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 4 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl cut cream cheese and ¾ cup of butter into 2¼ cups of flour using a pastry blender or 2 forks. The mixture should resemble coarse crumbs.
- Flatten dough into a flat circle. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Roll dough out to be around 13x9 inches and ½ inch thick. Press into a greased 13x9 inch pan. Prick holes in dough using a fork.
- Bake crust alone for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, melt the rest of the butter. Mash potatoes, butter, and all remaining ingredients except marshmallows. Mix until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly brown. Top with marshmallows and broil for 2-3 minutes , or until browned.
Sweet Potato Yummies from Blogs I Love:
1. Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes via Averie Cooks
2. Sweet Potato Fries via Shugary Sweets
3. Sweet Potato Enchiladas via Damn Delicious
4. Sweet Potato Cupcakes via Annie’s Eats
5. Hasselback Sweet Potatoes via Roti n Rice
What do you think of these Southern Sweet Potato Pie Bars? What’s your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?