This week it is finally getting chilly here in PA. It’s cool enough to walk the dog in the middle of the afternoon and chilly enough to need an extra blanket at night.
My elderly grandparents even turned their heat on lol
While the rest of the world is sipping pumpkin spice lattes and eating caramel apples I’m craving one last taste of summer.
The flavor I associate most with summer is Smores! What says summer more than these Smores Bars?
This delicious treat combines marshmallow and chocolate in a graham cracker flavored cookie bar. Smores Bars=Heaven the end!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs(Around 1½ sleeves)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups marshmallow topping, like Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 King Size Hershey Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9/13 pain with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour mixture a little at a time.
- Divide dough in half. Press ½ into the bottom of your pan.
- Spread marshmallow topping over dough. Note: It helps to use a rubber spatula sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place candy bars on top of the fluff. Scatter the remaining dough in clumps.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes until golden brown.
Smores Bars Adapted fromMel’s Kitchen Cafe
What do you think of these Smores Bars?