Root beer flavored cupcakes topped with sweetened whipped cream.
One of my favorite summer flavors is the classic root beer float.
Growing up we loved drinking them on porch after dinner. It’s amazing how two simple ingredients root beer and ice cream combine to make something extraordinary. I think that holds true with these cupcakes as well.
Root Beer Float Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 box Chocolate cake mix
- 3 Large eggs
- ¼ C Water
- ½ C Milk
- ½ C Vegetable oil
- ½ C Sour cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tsp Root Beer Extract
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers. Fill each around ⅔ full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cupcakes are done when a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 3-5 minutes. Then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Chill a medium mixing bowl and mixer beaters.
- No problem! All you need is a chilled whisk and some elbow grease (aka muscles).
- Combine all icing ingredients. Mix until stiff peaks form.
- Spread or pipe onto your cupcakes. Top with a maraschino cherry if desired.
Root Beer Treats from Bloggers I love:
Chocolate Root Beer Float Milkshake from Crazy For Crust
Root Beer Float Smoothie via Peanut Butter and Peppers
Root Beer Float Cookie Cups via Life, Love, Sugar
Root Beer Float Fudge via Shugary Sweets
Root Beer Float Cookies via Chocolate, Chocolate, and More